Thursday, August 21, 2014

Summer Vacation 2014

Seeing as August is half way over, and our family vacation was already a month ago, I figured it was time to document our trip.  We went to Maine...my July stomping grounds growing up. 
It was very meaningful having my husband and two kids come to the place that I enjoyed going to every single summer as a child and have so many memories built around that time. I love that we are continuing the tradition and look forward to making our own yearly vacation tradition as well. :)

Well, needless to say, we had a blast.  We always do.  Our kids our the best little travelers alive.  They don't complain (well ok, there were a few complaints within the first 10 minutes, but once we really got on the road it ended...for the most part), they go with the flow, they sleep in the same room and enjoy it (which I am sure someday it will come to a screeching halt), and are so much fun to be around.  It was the first time that Nate and I went with the two kids. Our last trip we went, I was about 33 weeks pregnant with Anya...walking, moving, bending, lifting, cooking, sleeping, breathing and anything else you can imagine was painful for me at that time...but that can be saved for another time...Anyways... this was our first trip to Maine as a family of 4 with my extended Dearing side of the family!

It was a pretty simple trip.  Wake up (a little earlier than I had hoped), breakfast, coffee and relaxing at "our beach house" as Jaxon called it (and still calls it), followed by beach time, late afternoon naps for the kids corresponding with beverages, board games and cards for us with parents, brothers, cousins, aunts, uncles - whoever was around, followed by seafood dinners, move beverages, s'mores and hanging out on the deck.  It also included ice cream cones, a night out with my hubby, some running (ok, a run) and last but not least, some QT with Grammy D.  Just a typical New England summer vacation and it was actually pretty relaxing...as relaxing as a vacation is with two toddlers.  I didn't want it to end!

So, here are some pictures to sum up our week of fun :)



And we're off!


My heart


The bench was the spot to take shoes off each trip to the beach.


Daddy and daughter time


Our evening hangout


Getting warmed up


Some hide and seek with feet


Sticks and stones


Our evening view


Naptime fun!


And some morning fun!


Sunset selfie


A house full of pizzas from Portland Pie


Of course had to play some beach volleyball with my brothers!
Playing with Bigbee
The girls
Nothing like having my favorite humans all in one place!


:)


Best brothers ever :)


Waves




A vacation isn't a vacation without some ice cream!


The kid loves boogie boards


The little princess


Card tricks with Uncle Kev

Parents night out!

A pit stop at the bench


And a smooch ;)


Our final trip to the beach.


Good by Maine - until next time! ;)
There is not much I love more than travelling with my family!  Can't wait for our next adventure just around the corner!

~Erin Leigh

"Travel as much and as you can. As far as you can. As long as you can.  Life's not meant to be lived in one place."

"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment