Thursday, September 18, 2014

A New Adventure

I'm baacckkk! ;) New season, new adventures right??   In my house, we are always talking about adventures.  We take adventures down the street to check out new construction, adventures down to the basement to explore, traveling adventures and seeing new places. You name it, it's an adventure!  Well, this fall I am off on my new adventure. 

As anyone who has followed my blog knows, I began it to document my post pregnancy steps to a better and healthier and more fit me.  I like to create healthy recipes for my family and share them, try new fitness adventures and help motivate others to do the same, and document some of my favorite family memories (and some over the top parenting moments).  Last winter I stopped blogging and I have learned over the past nine months that motivating others is self motivating for me.  It helps keep me in check and helps me work extra hard on being the best I can, in many areas.  I mean, you can't try to motivate and encourage others to do something you aren't doing right?!  I have not had as much self discipline these past 9 months and I can directly link it to the timing of holidays/trip to Mexico/taking a break from blogging. 

So, here I am...nine months later ending a summer that definitely consisted of a few too many ice cream cones, s'mores and cheese burgers, more drink calories than I can count and putting workouts on the back burner and instead choosing beach trips, park trips, zoo trips, play dates, froyo dates for dinner and all the other fun things that happen with toddlers in the summer.  (I will say, it was a VERY enjoyable summer if you can't tell)! ;) Yes, I ran a few times per week, but just to maintain my fitness level and not to push myself further. But, now I am ready to push ahead.  And what better time than now, with a trip to Aruba in less than 4 months to get ready for!

So, what is my new adventure you might ask?  I am starting with the 21 Day Fix which is a workout by Beachbody and ordered Shakeology for the first time to go along with it!  It just came yesterday so the plan is to start Sunday (I like starting things at the beginning of the week). I am getting my hubby on board too! :) The 21 Day Fix is 30 minute videos once per day paired with portion control to lose weight/reset/tone up.  Shakeology is a meal replacement shake you drink once per day that is supposed to curb cravings, increase energy levels and has several other health benefits! I am excited to see if it increases our energy level because we are always exhausted! I am looking at this as an end of summer jump start for myself! :) I plan to follow it up with another workout once I complete it.

Now is the time for me to get back on track! Is anyone else feeling the same way?  That being said, I would LOVE a few people to join me in doing it to be in a little group and keep each other accountable!  If you are interested in checking it out first you can check out the 21 Day Fix .  It is highly encouraged to purchase Shakeology with it. There are thousands of success stories with this one shake a day meal replacement, but I can't say from experience because I haven't tried it yet. I will let you know after my 30 days of it, but they do recommend better results pairing the workout with the shakes!

So there you have it! I am back! :)

~Erin Leigh



No comments:

Post a Comment