Friday, September 26, 2014

21 Day Fit Review

 
 
So far, so good! I have completed 5 days of the 21 Day Fix, which is a 21 day workout/portion control challenge.  What's great is that I am already seeing a difference in my body in just these first 5 days.  I am loving this workout series!

Here are some of reasons why:
 
1.  I love that the workouts are 30 minutes - perfect for those with busy schedules!  Some of the videos are specific to different muscle groups which I also like such as Upper Fix, Lower Fix and Pilates (which targets core).  The other two I have done so far are Total Body Cardio Fix and Cardio Fix.  It is a great series of workouts and I feel like they are great for toning (which is my focus).  There are less jumping and explosive moves like in Insanity (which is great too, just different).

2. I love the portion control part of it.  Yes, it is somewhat difficult (and my poor husband feels like he is always starving), but I think it is great for discipline, focusing on HOW MUCH we are eating, and focus (a little more than usual) on WHAT is going into our bodies. It is especially great after my summer of eating/drinking too many calories and wanting to reset myself. 

3.  We have actually saved money this week on food (who doesn't love saving a little money??), even including our Shakeology investment.  I think this is because I planned ahead for our meals and bought specific foods at the grocery store, we are eating less portions so there are more leftovers and we didn't go out to eat at all (which is a weekly occurance for us) for fear of losing control! Haha

The other part of the series is drinking Shakeology which is highly recommended for maximum results.  So far I am liking it.  We got the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry combo pack so we could try out a few different kinds.  My favorite so far was Wednesday - 8 oz of black coffee and the chocolate Shakeology - my hubby made it on my way out the door for work and it was delish! (He is the best). :)   I cannot give much feedback on the Shakeology in general since I have only been drinking it for 5 days but I can say that it tastes good, it is filling and I do feel like I have more energy which is a plus!


Goals on fridge + Shakeology = Following the plan to a T :)

I also am happy to be getting up at 5 am again and starting my day earlier. I know that may sound crazy but there is something so satisfying about working out, showering and having some time alone before the day begins! :)  Starts the day off right!

So there you have it. My summary of the beginning of the 21 Day Fix. Oh, I also love that I am almost 1/3 of the way through it!  I have this thing with working towards a goal that makes me feel like a better person in the process. :)

My Plans:

I am planning on doing another round of 21 Day Fix starting on Sunday October 19 and then move onto T25! Who's with me?? I would love a few people (or many people) to join me in one or both challenges! Let's motivate each other and help hold each other accountable! :)  What I love about these programs is that they are great for busy people (like me) because the time commitment isn't long each day.  Whether you are looking to lose weight, tone up, become more disciplined or just get into a workout routine, these workouts are a great answer.  Here are links to videos of both workouts and Shakeology with a little summary if you are interested in more details. :)


21 Day Fix - 30 minute videos daily for 21 days paired with portion control. 

T25 - 25 minute videos - a 60 day program.

Shakeology - A 1 day meal replacement shake, is $4 per day and helps to: lose weight, reduce cravings, feel energized, improve digestion and regularity. 


~Erin Leigh



 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment