Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thinking Outside the Box

I specifically remember a college course I took that we spent a lot of time discussing "thinking outside the box."  I have been reflecting on that recently as it focused on not remaining complacent and trying new things to help you grow as a person and in life.  I recently embraced an opportunity with Younique to be an independent presenter. For those that are not aware, Younique is an all natural make up line with a mission I completely believe in.  This is taken directly from their website:

"Younique's mission is to uplift, empower, validate, and ultimately build self-esteem in women around the world through high-quality products that encourage both inner and outer beauty and spiritual enlightenment while also providing opportunities for personal growth and financial reward."
 
As I was explaining my thought process to my Dad yesterday I had to laugh because the series of events that led me to the point of signing up were interesting.  I am not one to jump into direct sales, I have never done it before and don't need the additional income but when I first saw this business pop up on my Facebook page, I looked at the way the business was set up. This is prior to even trying the 3D fiber lashes (which are amazing by the way), and before knowing anything about it. I thought it was impressive that a brother/sister team started this company about two years ago and it had grown into a multi million dollar company in just two years with a growth rate of 5,145%. For anyone that is not involved in business or doesn't know what that means, believe me, those stats are unheard of.  I then saw a few more posts about the 3D fiber lashes, which led me to purchase them to try them out.  I had eyelash extension for years, but the time investment going to an hour long appointment every few weeks didn't work for me anymore with two toddlers at home and working part time.  Plus after a week the lashes begin to fall out and it is costly to go every few weeks so long story short, I tried the 3D fiber lashes and fell IN LOVE.  I mean, seriously, it's the best thing ever!  That led me to have an online party, which then led to me sign up to be an independent presenter through my Sponsor and that was that.

I think some people were surprised by my decision, especially those really close to me. I am definitely not a huge makeup person.  I don't wear a lot, don't know how to apply it like make up artists do, don't have a ton of time to play around with makeup because the majority of my time is spent chasing playing with my toddlers, but there was something about the timing and my thought process of "I have nothing to lose" attitude that made me take a leap of faith and try something new.  Over these short two months, I have interacted with so many women that have such positive and uplifting attitudes you can't help but smile.  There is so much encouragement between the people on the team that you can't help but want to improve yourself.  There are so many recommendations given that you cannot help but think outside the box. There are so many people setting goals that you cannot help but strive to do better.  There are so many incentives offered that you cannot help but want to work towards them.  It has definitely been a new and positive experience for me that takes up minimal time but has many rewards.  It has been a great opportunity to learn something new and spread my wings in a way that was not familiar or comfortable at first but I believe it is helping me to learn and grow in a different way. 

Opportunities are all around us - every day. What opportunities we take advantage of or pass on can make a huge impact on our lives.  If you are interested in this opportunity for yourself let me know. Maybe this one isn't for you, but I am sure another one is out there. I encourage you to try something new and think outside the box because you never know where it could take you! :)



~Erin Leigh

www.youniqueproducts.com/erinlrosario

Be Younique with Erin Leigh on Facebook



 

3D fiber lashes (amazing), mineral pigments and precision liner

 



No comments:

Post a Comment