Friday, November 7, 2014

Decide - Commit - Succeed

Are you in a workout rut?  I can say I definitely was.  Allll summer.  I have mentioned it before, but my frequent workouts decreased to a minimum.  The beginning of September I knew I needed to get back to where I was and make a change for myself. Then, I saw that Beachbody had a challenge pack for 21 Day Fix.  I purchased it through a college friend who I knew sold it, decided to sign up to be a coach and that was that.  It was EXACTLY what I needed to reset myself.  Now I have completed the 21 Day Fix, am 3 weeks through T25, part of an accountability group and I feel better than ever! 

Did I make that sound easy? Well, I assure you, it's not at first. That decision to change is the biggest step.  Whether you need to lose a lot of weight, a little or you just want to be healthier and/or more fit, it's all about making a decision, making a change, taking a step forward and not looking back. 

How do you take that next step you may be asking? 

The first step is to make goals.  I am a goal maker.  I even talked about it in this post from September 2013 Lifestyle - Dedication - Habit .  Although I was doing different workouts then, the overall point is the same.  Short term and long term goals. It's pretty self explanatory but I will expand: Make an attainable short term goal that you can achieve in a short period of time (within a month), and a long term end goal that you are working towards. When you achieve that first short term goal, you then make another short term goal all with the end goal in mind.  Continue this pattern until you get to that long term goal. Then reward yourself.  (Shopping spree perhaps??)

Second step: Make it a routine, part of your schedule, not an option.  Schedule your time into your day.  Early morning may not be the time for you, maybe it's the evening, if you are a mom, maybe it's naptime.  I will always encourage getting up earlier because then nothing can interfere with getting that workout in, but I know that isn't for everyone. At one point that wasn't for me either but now working out early makes my days better. The endorphin release plus my (slight addiction to) Shakeology and I feel like there is no better way to start the day.  I am a better Mom with more patience, I'm more productive because I have more energy and I feel more motivated to make a difference in the lives of others.

Step three: Have people that support you.  This is key!! You need people that know your goals and will be your cheerleader. People to help you stay focused and help to motivate you. This may not mean they mention it to you daily, but knowing that others know your goals helps you to hold yourself accountable too. 

So, what are your goals?  Take a minute and think about it now.  Where would you like to see yourself in a month? Three months? A year? What is your schedule like? Who are your supporters?  You have to start somewhere so why not today? 

I would love to be part of helping you succeed and be a supporter! Share your goals with me and let me guide you to the best program to help you reach those goals. :) 

~Erin Leigh


Workouts and Shakeology Information 


No comments:

Post a Comment