Friday, October 31, 2014

Beef Vegetable Crockpot Soup

In the fall, I love the combination of soup + crockpot more than anything! (Ok, maybe not more than desserts baked with pumpkin or apples and cinnamon).  But, there is something so simple about throwing food items from the fridge into the crockpot in the morning and then having a nice hot meal ready with no effort given during the most hectic time of the day - dinner time! I am doing my best to cook heaIthy recipes and keep us from being bored with meals so I have been trying new combinations and thought I would share my most recent crockpot soup which is definitely a keeper!! 

Beef Vegetable (and anything else you want to add) Soup 
Ingredients: 
1.25 lb lean ground beef 
1tsp minced garlic 
3 carrots - peeled and chopped 
3 celery sticks - chopped 
1yellow onion - chopped 
1 green bell pepper - chopped 
1 red bell pepper - chopped 
1 can corn - rinsed and drained 
6 cups beef broth (I used all natural with no msg) 
20 oz crushed tomatoes (I used about 3/4 of the large can). 
Season as you would like - I added parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt and crushed pepper. One of these days I'll measure for you but I usually give a few shakes of each. ;) 

Directions
Cook ground beef with minced garlic in a pan. Then put beef and all remaining ingredients in the crockpot. Cook for 8 hours on low. 


That is it! This was actually my leftovers photo - I totally forgot to take a picture during dinner. It was delish! 

Let me know if you try it and like it! You can really add whatever you have on hand for vegetables. I love making meals using what's in the fridge! Enjoy! 

~Erin Leigh 

No comments:

Post a Comment