Sunday, March 8, 2015

Network Marketing 101

As many of you know, I started my own network marketing business.  I never actually thought I would get involved in a network marketing business, but the more I researched and learned about the business structure, I realized it was EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Sometimes, I think that "network marketing" is misinterpreted as a "pyramid scheme" or that there is some negativity that goes along with it for some reason.  But, let me tell you, it is far from a negative.  It is the exact opposite.  This is the first post of what I plan to be the beginning of a series to educate people on network marketing and how to succeed.

So, being blog post #1 I will answer the question - what is network marketing?

Network marketing is an opportunity that allows you to start your own business with a very low start up cost.  You are your own boss, make your own hours and can work from anywhere. (Sounds ideal, right)?? You are usually selling (however, I like to say sharing) a good or service to a network of people.  I am definitely not a sales person - at all.  I do not like thinking that I am selling something, rather, I am sharing my love for something with others.  For example, if I go out to dinner with my husband and we have a great dinner, I will usually tell at least 3 people about that restaurant over the next few days just in casual conversations.  If those 3 people also love the restaurant, then I am sure they will tell another 3 people each.  Just think, my one trip to that restaurant just generated another 12 visits that may not have happened.  I didn't get paid for that recommendation, but I generated business for that restaurant.  Network marketing is the same thing.  You are just sharing your love of a product/service with those around you but actually getting paid for it.  It's something you believe in and would tell them about whether you sold it or not.  Before I even got involved in network marketing, there were lots of people who were purchasing the product because of me anyways because I was telling everyone about it!

The second part of network marketing is having people join you in the opportunity. They are called your "downline."  They sign up through you and you help them get started in their business venture (you don't have to, but I like to help them have a smooth transition into the business)!  They should have a passion for the product, be interested in additional income and/or the opportunity to work from home, want to connect with new people and/or have fun!  I mean, doesn't it sound too good to be true?! 

What happens is when you have both your own customer base/sales and a downline, you not only make commission off of your sales but you make a percentage off of your downline's sales.  This downline can go on forever.  Anyone under anyone under anyone under you becomes your team.  It is amazing.  And NO it is not a pyramid.  This is a pyramid:


When I first started five months ago, I jotted down on a piece of paper the following (which I still have):

3
9
27
81
243
729
= 1,093

The effects of multiplying.  If you add 3 people to your team and those 3 people add 3 people you have 9.  If those 9 add 3 = 27 etc.  So when you total your first 6 "levels" of your team, you have 1,093 people! What you don't realize is how FAST that can actually happen. It's amazing.  Does it happen overnight? No way.  Does it take some work? Of course.  Nothing comes with no effort but it certainly doesn't feel like "work." It just requires some creativity and networking.  What is amazing is you make residual income off of the 1,093 people! As your team grows, so does your paycheck...and it continues on forever. 

Committing to and sticking with a network marketing business can offer HUGE rewards.  My plan is to advance to the highest level within the company.  My plan is that I will make a full time income, much higher than I ever imagined, in very part time hours per week. My plan is that I will be a good leader and role model and help others reach their goals as well.  My plan is that I can offer other people the opportunity and training that they need to be successful.  My plan is to change lives!

If you have confidence in yourself, persevere and stay committed, you can have the life you have always dreamed of.  I already was living the life of my dreams before getting into this business and now I see a future that is even better!  I am so amazed at what I have learned, my experience in my very short 5 months and the rewards/income I have already earned! I am BEYOND EXCITED to see what the future has in store for me and my family!! :)

I hope this clears up some misunderstandings about what network marketing is. If you have any questions please let me know and I am happy to answer!  Interested in joining me?  Let's set up a time to chat so I can answer all your questions!  Let's start changing lives!

 



~Erin Leigh

There are two great books I just read if you are interested in learning more!  1.  The Flip Flop CEO and 2. How to Rock Your Network Marketing Business.  Both are amazing and inspiring and I highly recommend for anyone on the fence! 




No comments:

Post a Comment