Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Crockpot Chicken and Spinach

Ok the title doesn't sound super appealing but I couldn't come up with anything creative right now. The other day I needed to make a meal and didn't feel like going to the store so I created something with what we had. It was quick, easy, healthy and delish (my favorite combo)! I'm thinking of adding it to my freezer meal list! Here it is! 

Crockpot Chicken and Spinach 

Ingredients: 
4 boneless chicken breasts 
1/2 bag spinach (you can also use 1 package of frozen spinach) 
8 oz corn 
1 can black beans 
2 cups salsa 
1 teaspoon paprika 
1 teaspoon chili powder 
1 teaspoon garlic powder 

Directions: 
Throw everything into the crockpot. 
Cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4).
Shred Chicken. Mix everything together. 
That's it. You're welcome. ;)

I ate mine on top of salad with a little shredded cheese on top. My hubby ate his as tacos with taco shells and salsa. 

We had plenty of leftovers for a few lunches so you can also half the recipe if you don't want as many leftovers. 

There you have it...my first fall concoction of 2015! More to come! 


I meant to get a picture of my perfect looking plate of food but I dug in too quick...so this will have to do! 

~Erin Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment