Thursday, December 31, 2015

Rosario 2015 in Review

Wow - 2015 came and went faster than I can even believe.  I just spent some time going through pictures and reminiscing and can't help but be so thankful and feel so blessed! I would summarize 2015 as a year of travel, fun and firsts!  It may just be my favorite year so far!  Here are some of the reasons why...

We kick started 2015 with a trip to Aruba with my favorite humans. It may was definitely the best week ever! We had SO much fun, the kids loved it there (they still ask when we are going back!) and we were with great company! What could be better than that?!



We had birthdays, as usual.  Jaxon turned 4 in April and Anya turned 3 in September.  (And Nate and I keep getting older too)!  Jaxon chose a bowling party and Anya chose a merry-go-round party.  For both parties our kids were surrounded by people that love them and we are so thankful for all the great friends we have in our lives! :)





Then there were the day outings and fun Fridays.  I am so thankful to be able to share this time with the kids and do fun things with them.  They are always excited about what our next adventure is.  Some of the fun included the zoo, splash parks, apple picking, strawberry picking, petting zoo, Big E, museums, Disney on Ice, Falcons game, pool days with friends, the air show (that included a 2.5 hour car ride to go 15 miles - just don't want to forget about that)! Then of course there was slip and slides, lots of s'mores, play dates, pizza parties, pool parties, cookouts, sand boxing (is that a word?), feeding ducks, red light green light, duck duck goose, swinging and sliding, running and diving, car driving, bike riding, smoothie dates and I could probably keep going.  (I am realizing these kids have it good!) Oh, and we can't forget mini golfing and ice cream cones! :)






Disney in May was a great time! Between pool days at the hotel and park days we had the perfect fun and relaxing balance. The kids even had their first hibachi experience! A wonderful week as a family! 



July was our annual trip to Maine with my Dearing side of the family. A whole week with family, good seafood, the beach a few steps away and a lot of R & R.  It is one of my favorite and most relaxing weeks each year!





October, we were fortunate enough to have an adult vacation to Jamaica with some best friends! It was an Amazing and unforgettable time! We spent many hours in the ocean, had many many frozen beverages, relaxed (I even read a book for the first time since having children)!! We also did kayaking, paddle boarding, a booze cruise, the slide at Margaritaville and did I mention frozen beverages? ;)  (Bring me back!!)



We came home from Jamaica and went on a family trip to Naples, FL with the kids. It was also a great week exploring an area that my parents have fallen in love with.  We realized why they love it so much! We also saw the most beautiful sunsets I've seen in my life!



Of course we can't forget about the firsts!  Jaxon's first day of Pre-K (which included many many tears from Mommy)!!  Anya has her first big girl bed! And I can't leave out our trip to the ER with Jaxon for stitches in the chin (the trip to the ER is not a first, but the stitches are).




Then there is our basement project that will be completed the very beginning of 2016! Nate has spent so much time working on the basement this year and learning all on his own how to do it. He has done 90% of the basement on his own and it is amazing!! I am SO proud of him for all his hard work and thankful that we will have this great space for our family to make more memories! :)




And to finish up the year, we made the announcement on Christmas that Rosario party of 4 will be Rosario party of 5 in 2016! We are excited for this new addition to come into our family.  The kids are so excited (thankfully)!  It's so fun to see their excitement and hear their curiosity - the questions I'm getting already are so funny.  Like "if there is a baby in your belly, does that mean you ATE the BABY?!"  And, "sooo, does the baby just slide out?!?!"  Those are just a few. I'm sure I'll have more good ones in 2016! :)



We even had some date nights throughout the year which are much needed after all this kid activity! :) 





We are so thankful for all we have been blessed with and our opportunities and experiences.  We are also so thankful for our family and friends that are like family. 

Since 2015 was so great, I'm up for the challenge of making 2016 even better! <3

I hope that you had a wonderful year and that 2016 brings you all happiness, love and good health!

~Erin Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment