Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Road to 3

Holy moly. My last post was in January and at the time I was suggesting that I was going to begin blogging again. Well that didn't happen soooo I'm not promising anything here but I am popping in to say that I miss blogging and do plan to bring it back! 

A lot has happened in the last 5 months since I made those delicious stuffed peppers. (Glad I just saw that post because really, that recipe was great and it reminded me I should make it again)! 

So, what have I been up to? The usual - parenting and growing a human for 34 weeks now! Eviction is coming up and I plan to document my life going from 2 to 3 children. Why? Because when we were considering having our third, I searched online so many times for articles about adding to the crew and didn't get much guidance. A few articles but nothing that helped me make my decision, which I really turn to google for most of the time! 

Here is my pregnancy summary so far: 

So my first two pregnancies were pretty horrible. I was miserable and uncomfortable the majority of the time.   What I've learned is that the third is actually easier, for me at least, because I am so busy with the first two, especially with toddlers saying "Mom" 27,482,874,728 times a day and asking for 27,389,581,724 things, there is no stopping to allow yourself to feel nausea or exhaustion! I felt sick only the times that I stopped and sat down and relaxed, and then realized if I stay on the go I don't even recognize how I feel. So, all that being said, first trimester wasn't so bad. 

A few interesting experiences I have had starting with our Puerto Rico trip at 11 weeks pregnant. We traveled to Puerto Rico for a family vacation and returned on Jan 8. 7 days later an article was published on Jan 15 that pregnant women should not travel to Puerto Rico because of the Zica virus. Being the Type A self that I am, I called my Dr. about it before her office even heard about it. Thankfully, I'm Zika free from what I know but talk about a little moment of stress! 

Up until 15 weeks and 3 days I insisted that we were not going to find out the gender this time. We found out for our first two and I just knew that I HAD to have the surprise factor. I needed this to be different in some way. Well, I'm not sure who I was that 15 weeks and 3 days but Erin the Planner came back that day and HAD to know! So, I scheduled an appointment at a place 45 minutes away on the day I turned 16 weeks to determine if the boys or girls were going to be outnumbered.  I was unable to wait until my normal 18 weeks appointment 2 weeks later (when it would be free) and just HAD to know (and pay to know)...so my amazingly supportive hubby met me when he got out of work at a Dunkin Donuts off the highway to drive 60 + minutes in a snowstorm with no dinner to find out the gender. I fed my toddlers PB&J in the back seat and was convinced this would be special for them.  Well if you have ever experienced a toddler falling asleep exactly 15 minutes before arriving somewhere and then attempting to wake them up, it's never fun. So, the beginning of the appointment consisted of whining, complaining and crying. I'm pretty sure when they eventually said "it's a girl" my son was saying he didn't feel good (still crying). We then proceeded to drive through Hartford traffic (still in a snowstorm) with my son saying he didn't feel good and whining and whimpering the ENTIRE 60 minutes. We finally made it off the highway to the Dunkin Donuts to get the other car and no sooner than my hubby pulling out of the parking lot, did my son begin projectile vomiting all over himself and the car. It was nonstop...and so I'm gagging, almost vomiting right along with him! He threw up the entire way home. Needless to say, after cleanup and cleaning the car seat (have you ever cleaned puke out of the nooks and crannies of a car seat?!?) we finally ate dinner at 10pm. Good times! It has made for a good laugh and funny memory though....now. ;)

Other than that, it's been a low key pregnancy. A few uneasy moments but overall it's been uneventful thankfully. :)

I am very excited to bring this third child into the world and have an uneven parent/child ratio. I'm always up for a challenge. Something I find funny is that 90% of people assume you are having a fourth when you are pregnant for your third. Anyone with three or more notice that?? I'm shocked at how many people ask when the next one is coming. As if three isn't acceptable. It's not a two for one deal people. 

I'm excited for the baby phase. I know there will be sleepless nights and times that will be tough, but I'm excited for the newness and innocence of the newborn. The snuggles and cuddles and dependence. Watching the bonds grow between the older siblings and the baby.  I'm promising myself to not rush the phases because I now have learned they go by so fast. Knowing this is (99.99%) our last baby, I want to soak it all up and live in the moment. That is one of my most difficult challenges. I'm always looking ahead, planning and being my Typa A (sometimes B) self. I want to be sure to enjoy each day, each phase and slow down life because it's flying by too fast! I want to achieve new successes but not rush the process. I want to continue to give my, now three kids, a fun childhood and want them to know I love every minute of it. 

I'm excited to see if going from two to three is all that I anticipate and expect. I'm expecting that is will be "easy" in comparison to bringing home a newborn with an 18 month old at home. That was hard and a very tough transition and year, but now those two are 3 (almost 4) and 5 and super helpful. They cannot wait for their new sis to arrive and I can't wait for that moment of them meeting. It makes my heart melt thinking about it. I'm so excited to see how much she weighs and wonder if it will be 7 pounds 11 ounces like her siblings! I'm excited to see what color hair she has! (Redhead maybe)?! Im excited to finally decide on a name (although we are close)! I'm excited to show her the world and shower her with love! I'm also excited to not be pregnant anymore - just sayin' ;) I'm excited for all these things yet not rushing these last few weeks! I will keep you updated on the delivery, transition and give you the scoop when we welcome our littlest into the world. 💗 And I will make sure to keep the world posted on going from two to three kiddos in case others like me are googling for guidance! 😉


~Erin Leigh 

PS. If you want to follow along on my Parenting journey, post pregnancy fitness and healthy recipe ideas you can follow me on Facebook or like my Fit.Fun.Lifestyle page here:  https://www.facebook.com/fitfunlifestyle/


No comments:

Post a Comment