Thursday, February 8, 2018

Easy Beef Roast

Ok friends...if you are new to my blog, let me tell you that with three kiddos at home and running an at home business online, I am ALL ABOUT quick and easy recipes!  My cooking approach is kind of a "throw healthy things together and see how they come out" style. (99% of the time they are pretty delish) and then I (try to find the time to) share with you afterwards if I love it!  This week I made a beef roast in the crock pot and it was SOOOO good AND QUICK (which is very important) so of course I have to share! 

If you don't already have a crock pot, I recommend this one because it's programmable. I love crock pot cooking because you can set it and forget it! My style! ;)

So for this beef roast I used a 3 lb roast.  Feel free to adjust the other ingredients if you have a larger or smaller roast.  3lbs was for my family of 5 and left enough for some leftover lunches for my hubby!

Easy Beef Roast

Ingredients:
3lb beef roast
2 cups of organic mini potatoes, halved. (You can also use 2-3 regular potatoes and cut into quarters).
1 cup baby carrots or 3 large carrots chopped
1 onion
2 Teaspoons minced garlic
Adobo
Garlic Powder
Italian seasoning
Basil
1 beef boullion cube or 1 heaping TB of Better than Boullion
1 Cup of Water

Directions:
Slice Onion into circles and place on the botton of the crock pot.  
Place the roast on top of the onions.
Cut a few 1/2 inch slices on the top of the roast and spread the minced garlic on top and inside the cuts.
Shake some Adobo, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning & Basil on top of the roast and rub in. I just do a few shakes of each to be honest, probably equaling about 1 TB of each if you are a "measure everything" cook. :) 
The beef boullion goes in the botton with ONLY 1 cup of water. The beef creates its own liquid as well.
Put on low for 8 hours.  After 4 hours add the potatoes and carrots.

Note: If you are setting it in the morning and forgetting it ;) you can add the potatoes and carrots at that time. I prefer to add later when possible so they don't overcook and get soggy.  

That's it! So simple and delish!! The roast had great flavor and it's a well rounded meal even the kids loved! (Although they don't like potatoes, so I had some white rice on the side for them...hence the few grains of rice in the picture! Haha).

If you try it, let me know how you like it!! :)  Happy Thursday, aka, almost Friday! 

~Erin Leigh

On a side note, I recently received this Instapot and it is a MAJOR time saver!!! I'm just figuring out how to use it and I made some chicken burritos in...wait for it...15 minutes from beginning to eating. The chicken cooked in 8 minutes and it was SOOOO tasty! If you don't have one, get one! (Feel free to use the link to the Amazon one - because Amazon Prime is life). :)  I'm going to (try my best to) do a series of healthy Instapot recipes as I experiment with it!!  So stay tuned for that! In the meantime, this roast will be a great addition to your meal plans!! If you try it, let me know how you like it!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment