Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Everything in our Fridge Soup

So my hubby had the day off yesterday and I had chosen to work since I just had a week off and LOTS to catch up on!  Anyways, I got a picture of dinner texted to me at about 4:15. :)  He called it "Everything in our Fridge Soup."  A few ingredients are the same as my first original recipe since that is still what we have in the fridge, but a completely different soup! He used a recipe he found online as a guide but modified it using ingredients we have and substituting a few things. So, here it is!
 
Everything in our Fridge Soup
Ingredients:
3 boneless chicken breasts
2 sweet potatoes, cubed
3 carrots, diced
5 celery stalks, diced
8 cups organic free range chicken stock
(If you use regular chicken stock you may not need to season with salt at the end).
1 medium onion, chopped
1 handful of mini kale
1 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tsp thyme
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
 
Directions:
Sautee chopped chicken breast in the 1 tablespoon coconut oil. 
Put into pot and add remaining ingredients (and add whatever else you may have handy).
Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30+ minutes.

 
 
It came out great.  I love that he was creative for dinner.  Nothing like coming home to a home cooked meal after working all day!  I really have the best hubby ever.  He works hard, is a great husband and dad, cooks and even cleans! Doesn't get much better :)
 
Try the recipe. It's delish!
 
~Erin Leigh
 
PS.  He also made a pork rub the other day.  I need to get those ingredients and share with you because the pork came out amazing!  That will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment