Saturday, February 8, 2014

Easy Peasy Chili

I love chili.  It is a combination of two great things...soup and Mexican flavor. What is better than that? Especially during a cold week with lots of snow!  I know I have posted a chili recipe before but here is a new one I came up with last night!

Easy Peasy Chili
Ingredients:
1.25 lbs lean hamburg (you can use 1 lb but I like extra meat!)
1 green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can black beans
1 can pink kidney beans 
1 can corn 
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
14 oz water (I filled the crushed tomato can half way) 
2 tablespoons chili powder 
1 tablespoon garlic powder 
1/2 tablespoon cumin 
**This is a mild (kid friendly) chili - if you like it spicier you can add 1 tablespoon cumin instead of 1/2 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes.

Directions: 
In a large pot, cook hamburg until almost cooked through, then add the chopped onion and pepper.
Cook until onion and pepper until softened and hamburg is cooked through.
Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
 
There you have it...easy peasy! (Don't really know exactly where that came from but I thought it sounded good). 

Try it out and let me know how you like it! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment