Thursday, February 13, 2014

Life Happens

I know first hand that when you are in a workout routine you vow you will never break it.  It feels so good to work out the same amount of days per week consistently...it is good for you both physically and mentally...but then life happens, you get sick, kids get sick, you don't sleep, things come up and before you know it you are out of the routine and you need to get back into it! That is the hardest part!  It can be a vicious cycle.  That is why January 1 my Facebook feed blows up with status updates about the amount of people at the gym.  All the New Years resolutions for all the people that "life happened to" during the year and want to get back on track! 
 
I feel like that is me right now.  I am working out here and there but not as consistent for a million reasons which sound like they are just good excuses, but really are reasons.  I know that I need to make time for myself, but for me the past 6 weeks, life has happened.  I was honestly doing so good UNTIL the first of the year.  Then went on vacation, came back, kids were VERY mad at us for going on vacation and made us miserable for a (very long) few days (I just realized I still haven't documented that experience...that will be a good one),  kids then got sick and started waking up at night = no sleep, work is busy so I'm doing more work from home in my down time...you name it, it has come up over the past 6 weeks, BUT, I am now vowing to get back into it.  Thankfully it wasn't a long break, but I can feel the mental difference.  I am happier and have more patience when I am working out consistently.  Everything they say about the endorphins and how it affects you is true!
 
So, that is my confession and this is my vow to get back on track!  Putting it in writing helps me hold myself accountable!  Hold yourself accountable too! Make a goal and stick to it. Summer (THANK GOD) is right around the corner and you will be glad you got into a routine now!  And who doesn't need a little endorphin boost in the middle of February and March?? They are the longest two months of the year in my book!  So...here is to fitness commitment, accountability and sticking to it! :)
 
Has "life" happened to you this winter?  We can help hold each other accountable!
 
~Erin Leigh
 
 

Like Fit.Fun.Lifestyle on Facebook! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment