Friday, November 22, 2013

Paleo Progress



So far, this week has gone well with the attempt to switching to the Paleo diet.  If you didn't read the initial post about the switch you can read it here! Here are some examples of what I ate this week, so if you have any interest, it will give you some ideas (I, personally, am always looking for ideas!):

Breakfasts:
Eggs with either chicken sausage or turkey sausage

Lunches:
Grilled chicken salad

Dinners:
Beef Stew
Grilled chicken salad
Taco salad
Chicken vegetable soup
Pulled pork with sweet potatoes and vegetables

Chicken Salad, Taco Salad, Beef Stew
 














Snacks: Almonds, Chobani (Chobani does not follow the paleo diet, but I haven't given it up yet!)

So, I clearly ate a lot of salad this week.  I am trying to find some other good ideas for quick and easy lunches.  That, so far is probably the hardest change because I can't really think of anything to eat other than salad at lunch time.  I haven't had a ton of time to be creative for dinner as it's been a pretty busy week so I am hoping this weekend I can come up with some ideas! 

I am happy to say though that I stuck with my NO pasta, potatoes, rice, crackers and chips rule!  This weekend I will be coming up with what I will give up next week in addition to those 5 items.

Any meal suggestions PLEASE pass along! :)

~Erin Leigh

PS.  Since I did so good all week, I caved for a totally NON Paleo afternoon treat.  Brownies with marshmallows and chocolate...I have already sent half the pan to my parents so that it doesn't stick around all weekend! I tried so hard not to give in but...Happy Friday!! :)






 

1 comment:

  1. It actually seems very similar to my gestational diabetes diet!

    ReplyDelete